Saturday, January 23, 2010

Go ahead ...

I found this poem, I've not written it, I read it on the facebook page of the local miscarriage support group I've just joined. I think they are people who will understand what I'm feeling and this poem says what I'd wish all my friends to know.


Go ahead and mention my child,
The one who died you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further,
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine."
But healing is something ongoing.
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~anon

.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Shadow, it's much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm already crying inside"- I understand this, Pinkerbell.
    Of course you're crying, you lost your precious little baby.
    Healing takes time.
    Hugs to you, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi - thanks so so much for this comment and the one on the post below. It doesn't matter what sort of loss is the source of our grief, I think we can all understand it in others. I needed to express it all here, it gets the first anguish out and then I might be able to talk to people in the flesh when I've got it sorted out in my head a bit. The benefit from the posts and the comments here is that I know I'm not being unreasonable or mad to feel this way, then I can start to work on it all at my own pace.

    Your support is so much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete