Monday, July 29, 2024

Love lost poem lost and found...

I posted a poem here a couple of weeks ago but then decided better of it as it was a bit too personal. Here's a revised version...

A drunken eulogy to lost love:

You left me alone with unanswered lust.
You gave yourself up to the selfish night,
I was still aquiver with our passion
Body burning, set alight by your touch.
But still I head home without you, alone.

All those past men who used and abused me
Whisper sweet threats into my shrinking ear
Each dark, dank alleyway growling at me,
Promising my undoing at unseen hand,
Staggering home through the grey neon night.

I will dream that you are with me tonight,
I will feel the weight of your hungry hands
Grasping, seeking my sensual beauty.
I will feel your soft lips pressed against mine
Devouring my impatient devotion.

.

11 comments:

  1. This is good...powerful messages in this

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the original poem. This one is immediate and honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And where are you walking at night? I think I will avoid those growling alleyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful poem.. very interesting..
    Thanks for share
    Now I will follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem haunts me...it is full of old ghosts...I want to bust them :-) But seriously, your poetry is always rich with vivid imagery! I so admire your very great talent. ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. It's tantalizing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janine - I'd let you bust my ghosts anytime!

    Thanks for the comments all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A phoenix poem Pinkerbell :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah - it had its wings clipped considerably before it was allowed back out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that verb, "poemed", thanks Aibreann!

    ReplyDelete